Thank you J. Cosby for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I have written for many years, but have decided to write poetry again after forty years. This award could be a great tool for getting to know and supporting other like minded bloggers.
A Little History about the Liebster Award:
Me and my friend Google discovered…
- This award is only on the internet given to bloggers by other bloggers
- The word ‘Liebster’ apparently is of German origin, which basically means sweetest, nicest, special, and important person
- It seems to kinda’ sorta’ work like a chain letter
- This is about all I know about it, except it seems a nice gesture to show appreciation and recognition for our talents
- It could simply be a fun thing to do
- It brings no harm to the ecological nature of our planet
Here’s my answers to J. Cosby’s Questions:
- What inspired you to create your blog? It goes way back to when I was fifteen years old. Once, I stayed up all night writing poetry. I read ‘Catcher in the Rye’ by JD Salinger again, also poems from Bukowski recently. They got me in the mood or I have too much time on my hands. I’m retired…
- What is your favorite book? I have many, but I would say my number one’s are ‘Catcher in the Rye’ by JD Salinger and ‘Open all Night’ by Charles Bukowski.
- Do you prefer baths or showers? I’m a guy, so I like showers. It’s short and sweet and drip dry.
- What is the one food you could never give up? Oh boy, that’s a good one. The list is huge, but I have given them up, and do slip up once in a while and get inflammation in my foot. God, I hated giving up Chocolate, Ice Cream, Potato Chips, Alcohol, etc.! But, the pain attacks simply aren’t worth it. Now, for me, it’s green salads and lots of fruits. It ain’t so bad, at least I’m healthy. Do all your partying when you’re young, cause’ when you get old, the party’s over.
- Who is the first person you call after a bad day? I’m home most of the time now, so I don’t call anyone, I just talk to my wife and then she usually wants me to do something. I must look like a donkey with a strong back. It’s that honey-do stuff guys.
- Name a TV show you secretly enjoy. Boy, that’s a good one. If I watch the ‘Bachelor or Bachelorette’ with my wife, I like it. But, I would never watch it alone. These are things a good husband does for his wife to be with her. Also, the Price is Right.
- If you don’t know the words to a song, do you improvise? I hum or simply make up my own words, of course ruining the entire song and making it sound stupid as hell.
- What’s your favorite season? I like Spring because it’s not too hot, not too cold. I like it just right. Not too much to the left or right, kinda’ right in the middle.
- What’s the last thing you purchased? A Potato Peeler at Stater Brothers to peel Mangoes. I love Mangoes in season. It’s like Candy to me. Well, not really. But, it inspired me to write the poem, ‘Skin a Mango!’
- What’s your favorite day of the year? I like Christmas because my wife loves it so much. I get Joy from seeing her happy. It’s the time to burn wood in the fireplace. I just think it’s so neat being warm when you look outside and it’s raining ‘Cats and Dogs.’ It’s also nice if the roof isn’t leaking.
- What are your goals as a writer? If I wasn’t much of a lazy ass right now, I’d start compiling about the last 100 poems I’ve written on my website and turn them all into one big book, two, or three smaller ones. My poems are usually pretty long, so I would probably have enough to make at least a few books out of them all. I wrote ‘Meet Duff’ about a year ago and was working on a couple other Novels I haven’t been writing on because I’ve been writing so much poetry lately on my new blog. I pray I finish everything in just enough time before I die.
Blogs I’ve Nominated for this Award:
Now, here’s what you need to do:
Answer the questions below, then nominate up to 11 other blogs. Try to nominate blogs with 500 followers or less. Then ask those you’ve nominated 11 questions and make sure to add the Liebster Award sticker to your blog!
Here are the questions for those of you who have been nominated:
- If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
- What inspired you to write in the first place?
- What foods do you have the ‘craving’ for you know you definitely shouldn’t eat?
- What brought you to WordPress?
- What’s your most favorite thing about Nature?
- If you had all the money you needed right now, what would you buy?
- What’s your favorite Holiday?
- What is your ultimate goal as a Writer or Poet?
- What in life makes you the happiest?
- What’s your favorite Movie of all time?
- What’s your Strongest Character Trait?
Again, thanks J. Cosby!